Set Up cost for Jimmy’s Killer Prawns
* The average set up cost for a store up to 200sqm is from R1.4m. 200sqm to
250sqm from R1.8m depending on various factors such as the size of the
premises, location, pre-opening expenses, opening inventory, selection of
equipment, signage, seating quantity, style of décor & landscaping, etc,
the cost may change.
* The initial joining franchise fee is R100k excluding vat.
* Working capital required is R100k.
* Transport costs vary depending on the distances that need to be travelled.
All of the costs mentioned above do not include any structural changes to fixed property like shop fronts, air conditioners, building of external walls, demolishing & outside decking or outside flooring, opening inventory, vat, etc. The final costs will only be determined once the particular site has been inspected & assessed & it excludes any potential tenant installation allowance received from the landlord.
A minimum of 50% of the set up costs must be unencumbered & the balance can be financed. However, being a turn-key operation, the full amount together with the initial joining franchise fees will have to be fully paid up before the project commences.
2. Additional Funding
* Killer Brands has been accredited with various financial institutions and only
a 50% initial amount is required from the franchisee.
* Royalties are 5% on turnover.
* A national marketing fee is also applicable.
* Submitting a completed application form does not in any way guarantee acceptance.
It is simply the first step in a process that is designed to ensure that both parties will
be jointly happy through a franchise agreement.
* Your application will be reviewed & you will be notified telephonic-ally & via e-mail
of the review result.
* Credit checks, financial checks, deeds check, etc. will be undertaken & applicants
meeting the Killer Brands initial criteria & requirements will be interviewed by a
Director of Killer Brands for final approval.
* The Managing Director will then decide whether the applicant will be
approved to commence training.
* Approved applicants will need to successfully complete the Killer Brands full training
programme at Killer Brands Head Office & the designated training store.
* Training is vital & it is fundamentally important to the success & profitability of the
business. The training also ensures that the operations are uniform from one store to
* It will be the responsibility of the franchisees to recruit their staff members with the
assistance of Head Office if required.
* The business model has been designed to achieve a return on investment within a
period of 24 months to 36 months.
* No guarantees are made as all businesses have their own risks.